This 4 hour course is tailored for Law Enforcement who may be called upon to treat themselves or their colleagues, respond to mass casualty situations, active shooter scenarios, or other unstable dynamic environments. Focusing on Care Under Fire this course is tailored for Law Enforcement Officers, security guards, or anyone else who wants to be ready for the unexpected.
There are no pre-requisites for Law Enforcement Tactical Care, although basic first aid is highly recommended.
4 hours of instruction in one day.
Course materials will be distributed by email at least 7 days prior to the course. Please allow XX Hours to complete the preread.
- Massive hemorrhage control using tourniquets, wound packing, various dressings and bandages, hemostatic agents, basic splinting principles;
- Airway management in a tactical environment and respiratory support, including occlusive and semi-occlusive chest seals;
- Pharmacology decisions for responders, which common medications may impede survival in tactical situations.
- Massive hemorrhage control using tourniquets, wound packing, various dressings and bandages, hemostatic agents;
- Airway management in a tactical environment;
- Respiratory support, including occlusive and semi-occlusive chest seals;
- Modified Rapid Trauma Survey; and
- Casualty movement and packaging, from tactical drags and carries to a selection of casualty evacuation devices.
Course Completion Requirements:
Students must participate in all elements of the course and demonstrate suitable skills.
Length of Certification:
Law Enforcement Tactical Care is an awareness course which does not lead to certification or licensure. As with all perishable skills, regular practice and review is highly recommended.
EMALB CME Credits:
The BC EMALB has not reviewed this course for CME credits. Both TECC EMS and ITLS are accredited by EMALB for 16 credits each. Please see the list HERE.