DWK Fraser, CD, BA, PCP @DWKF
Views are my own, and do not represent my employers in any way.
From the Canadian Armed Forces, these 10 principles of leadership are a great starting point for evaluating your performance as a leader. Keep in mind, just because you don’t have bars on your shoulders or pips on your slip on doesn’t mean you don’t have a leadership role in your organization!
1. Achieve professional competence.
2. Appreciate your own strengths and limitations and pursue self-improvement.
3. Seek and accept responsibility.
4. Lead by example.
5. Make sure that your followers know your meaning and intent, then lead them to the accomplishment of the mission.
6. Know your followers and promote their welfare.
7. Develop the leadership potential of your followers.
8. Make sound and timely decisions.
9. Train your followers as a team and employ them up to their capabilities.
10. Keep your followers informed of the mission, the changing situation and the overall picture.